Fat Loss SARMS Andarine S4 / GTX-007 Supplement for Bodybuilders
Chemical Name: 4 – ((R) -2 – ((R) -2,2,2-trifluoro-1-hydroxyethyl) pyrrolidin-1-yl) -2-trifluoro-methyl) benzonitrile
Other Name(s): GTX007
Half Life: 2.6 – 5.3 hours
S4 (Andarine) or Acetamidoxolutamide, is a SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator). But the idea for S-4 didn’t start out as many believe.
It wasn’t an attempt to create a safer version of steroids or any of that nonsense people use to sell anabolics.
S-4 started out as a new development for male contraceptives and showed promising results like decreases in spermatogenesis and huge boosts in male libido. For any of you who have had trouble getting your wife pregnant while on sarms…you’re welcome.
However, when researchers began experimenting on mice with S4, they discovered interesting findings of how this first generation SARM affected castrated lab mice.
Not only did Andarine increase the production of muscle mass and calcium for bone density, but it was COMPLETELY SELECTIVE in its tissue growth!
As studies continued, many of these research trials resulted in astonishing outcomes creating a benchmark for even more research.
Today, we’ll take a closer look at everything we currently know in 2018 about Andarine in this write-up…
HOW ANDARINE (S4) WORKS
To start, let’s describe what a SARM does.
There are three types of chemicals that act on the androgen receptor (AR):
- 1st is the AR antagonist, which is a chemical that binds to the receptor to prevent it from activating.
- 2nd is an AR agonist, which binds to the receptor and detaches, then binds again, over and over.
- 3rd is an AR modulator, or basically a molecule that attaches to an AR and changes its structure to react however it wants.
SARMs such as S-4 are a good example. S-4 attaches to the AR and sticks to it; each time the AR interacts with testosterone, S-4 forces it to produce genes that exclusively benefit the muscle and bone growth. In other words, S4 is a form of SARM that attaches to the androgen receptor (AR) the same with regular androgens, the only variation is that S4 generates selective.
ANDARINE DOSING GUIDELINES
Benefits of Andarine have been reported with dosages ranging between 25mg and 50mg 3x per day.
Unfortunately, the higher the dosage, the higher the side effects. S4 is a rare form of SARM that has a greater risk of side effects than most other SARMs.
These effects are not permanent. S4 has been proven safe and effective for cycles up to 3 months.
One study in particular compared S-4 to DHT (a common anabolic steroid); the results have shown that S-4 exceeded DHT in producing lean muscle mass over the course of 120 days with only 3mg per day. Another study identified that S-4 is completely absorbed even at very low doses.
Here are some more general guidelines depending on goals:
- Most people have opted to split their 50mg to 75mg doses into 3 separate doses (one with each meal), 5 days per week for no more than 12 to 16 weeks. This has become somewhat of a dogma but there are now studies proving that it is any more effective than one solid dose once a day [Chen et al., 2005a; Gao et al., 2004; Gao et al., 2005; Kearbey et al., 2007; Kearbey et al., 2004].
- Once again, as mentioned above, S-4 does have a point of diminishing returns. This means usage of S-4 passed 75mg or usage of S-4 for more than 16 weeks will not result in any added muscle mass. There will not be an increase in side effects either, but you will be running the risk of AR desensitization and inevitably wasting your product.
- Dosing with S-4 for less than 6-8 weeks is not recommended and will not allow the researcher to witness the full benefits of the product.
The recommended dose for cutting is 50 mg for 6-8 weeks. You should use it every day then take 2 days off for the duration. Taking S4 daily for the length of the cycle can lead to changes in eyesight.